Open DATA File
A DATA type file is used by Analysis Studio, a data mining and statistical analysis program.
It contains data in plain, tab-delimited text, including an Analysis Studio file header.
DATA files are commonly used to store data for later analysis without connection to the Analysis Studio server, but can also be used in online mode.
One of the advantages of DATA files is that they can contain data from multiple sources, such as Microsoft Access and SQL Server.
They usually come bundled with a corresponding STP file, containing information about the object and the general schematic, or diagram, of project data.
DATA files are compatible with Spreadsheet managers, such as Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice Calc, because they are delimited by tabs.
To open and operate a DATA file you must have any of the following programs installed
Open DATA File on Windows Operating System
- Find a DATA file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a DATA file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open DATA file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open DATA file then try to search for "DATA wiki", "application to open DATA file" or "open DATA file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open DATA file
Rate DATA file page: 5/5 based on 16 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open DATA files, file extension data and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...